11 February 2007

Oh Canada!


I've been assigned to work with one of our new programs that supports clients in Canada. Now that my roommates (both Canadians) are both gone, I guess they figured an American was the next best thing. I think I managed okay with my first batch, changing the places where I used to say "Your American customers expect..." to "Your North American customers expect...." :)Throughout the batch, though, I was reminded about how little I actually know about our "neighbors to the north." While scrambling to find basic information (standard address formats and the like), however, I was relieved to find out that I'm not as bad as these people....

1 comment:

  1. If you're scrambling, then I did a bad job, I suppose. Sorry 'bout that. Keep in mind, they don't have to read everything. Though if they do, they'll know more about Canada than Canadians in general.
    As for not knowing much bout Canada, don't worry bout it. Every Canadian complains about the U.S. until you ask them some questions about Mexico and they draw a blank. It's easy to make fun of the Estadosunidenses. But alot of people know as little about countries smaller than them. You should tie into the culture curriculum the appearance of Rai-Bachcan (sp?) in T.O. recently.

    ReplyDelete