16 October 2006

In comparison...

It's hard to miss living in western NY when you hear stories like this: Western NY Digs Out After Record Snow. I mean, first of all, it's middle of October, not even winter yet. Second of all, it's Buffalo; think how creative you have to get to have RECORD snowfalls in Buffalo! *Sigh*

I think it seems especially cruel when I realize that a mere two weeks ago, I was here

at a beach resort in Kovallum.

My roommates and I decided to make the most of our recent four-day weekend and headed out to soak up some sun on beaches of Kerala. It was so relaxing and uncrowded-and because it wasn't quite high season, we were able to swing some good deals on food, shelter and taxis. This was our view from our balconies:


And a few other random shots of the area:

4 comments:

  1. I'll take blizzards over monsoons any day.

    -The REAL Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of that time at the beach!

    Now that I'm in a landlocked country, I miss the option of going to the beach whenever I wanted - not that I was ever much of a beach-bum before, but now that I don't have the option, I really feel it!

    Stay warm, but get out there and play in the snow while you can! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry, it's pouring back here anyways. Would take snow over rain in Chennai any day.

    ReplyDelete