13 October 2006

Ethnic Day

Whew! I have much to catch you all up on. I have been running around like crazy for the past couple weeks, vacationing (in India) and preparing for my vacation back to the US. However, now that I have landed stateside, I have plenty of time to relax and catch you up on life in India.

I originally planned to head back on October 5th, but was asked to postpone my trip so that I could finish the batch I had started. However, the batch start got delayed, and when I asked what was going to happen, they told me they would find someone to cover my batch. Um, wait, doesn't that completely INVALIDATE the reason I delayed my trip? Sigh. Although I am not sure whether to ascribe this to an Indian thing or a general management thing...

Luckily, it was a great batch and made me actually want to return to training in India. (Something I was heavily doubting during a previous bad batch.) Here is a picture of us on "Traditional Dress Day" (to celebrate Dusshera-a day to celebrate the triumph of good over evil, ascribed to two different stories). (Yes, I know a saree is not my traditional dress, but I was instructed to wear it!)

Here' s another one with some trainees from a former [good] batch (who are now in process training):

6 comments:

  1. Even though it's not your traditional American style, you always look great in a sari! (as I'm sure you still hear frequently ;-))

    I'm glad you had a good batch - they make all the difference, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good batch and Bad batch??? Is it some thing to do with their general behavior or just how they perform? Both ways, I believe it shows up on how your approach is towards them and how well you trained them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Crystal HERE... I think you look great in the sari.. Almost like one of the girls from up north.....
    Anyways, I really like the GIRLS NIGHT OUT!!!! You forgot to mention though about your other friend who decided to direct traffic and the watchmen's response to that....
    Keep me posted when your back!!! Have a blast back home... And dont forget about your tax issue!!!!!!!

    lots of love,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look cute in a sari - as always
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess all the girls up north look white and the southy girls looks like indians or black.

    Thanks Crystal for ethnic lesson. :-)

    --Rags

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is your tranditional attire...? Hmm lets see, the Japanese have the Kimono, Indians have the saree, the scots have the Kilts and Tratans Bosnians have the Zubun,the Africans have theirs...so what is the American traditional attire. Well the native Americans have one, what about you ? Any new posts on this subject ?

    ReplyDelete