09 January 2009

A Return To India

One always begins to forgive a place as soon as it's left behind
-Paul Theroux, The Great Railway Bazaar, quoting Little Dorrit

After almost a year's absence from blogging and a little more than a year's absence from India, it is now time to stage a return to both. I had intentions of keeping my blog active after my return, but it seems that every time I thought about posting something, I had to struggle to keep the sarcasm and bitterness to a minimum. In short, I had issues with India that needed dealt with. So, I have spent the past year letting my emotions about India run their course. I can't promise that I'm completely 'better' but I feel more ready to talk rationally about India once again.

This is good because I now have good reason to return to India and thus start blogging again: my friend Z's wedding! Z was a fellow trainer at my company who introduced us to the wonder of homemade Hyderabadi biriyani every Eid (as well as a few other times during the year!) Thus, it wasn't hard for me to promise him that I would come back for his wedding. When, in late 2008, he told me that the date was quickly approaching, Liz and I eagerly began to make plans for a trip back to India.
Now, with the trip less than a month away, I can't wait to return to India and maybe (hopefully?) fall in love with it once again-or, at the very least, make peace with the country that held my heart and my imagination for so long...

2 comments:

  1. Lori, hi Welcome back to India.
    I did not realize that Friday was the 6th.
    So do contact us.The comm team is dying to meet you again.
    Take care,
    Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori u look awesome in indian outfit...

    dudedazzling@gmail.com ( Sree )

    ReplyDelete