14 March 2009

The Wedding, Day 2: The Wedding

Despite our late descent into slumber, Liz and I did manage to get up in time to head to the Charminar bazaar to purchase bangles to complement our outfits for the next two days of wedding functions. While we were there, the groom, his male relatives and the bride's male relatives went to the mosque to complete the marriage contract. The groom called me afterward to tell me he was now a married man, upon which I offered my heartiest congratulations!


In the evening, we decked ourselves out in our grandest outfits (with our new accessories!) And the winner is...(drum roll please):


The tie between the gaghra & the green sari was broken by the weighted votes of the groom & his mother! :)



That picture was taken as we were waiting for the groom to arrive. He soon arrived accompanied by much drumming and dancing:
















Meanwhile, the bride sat posed on the stage, looking lovely:

I had to admire her fortitude because I don't know if I could sit, looking down, for hours and hours-especially with everyone looking at me!



After dinner, the groom joined the bride on stage as they shared their "first look" at each other under the veil.













They then posed for pictures, for the first time as a couple.


Here they are with his family & with us foreigners:














At the end of the night, the groom led the bride off to her new home & new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment