20 September 2005

Trainees


Somewhere along the way (last week) I finished up my second batch of induction trainees and started batch #3. Batch #2 was pretty fun and I liked the fact that there were only 12 of them instead of the usual 20. They all passed and were sent off to Microsoft & Dell. On the last day of class they surprised me by bringing in a cake and a gift-a model of the Taj Mahal. I was so touched!

My new batch runs again from midnight until 8:00 AM. I've decided that I actually like this shift better than the 4:00 PM-midnight shift I was just on. For me, it just interchanges my sleep time with my working times and still leaves me my evenings free to do things. Besides, I enjoy that fact that there are less people around the building and the temperature is usually cooler.

The weird part is that, on this least desirable of shifts, I have representatives from both of my previous batches. The ones I sent to HP from batch #1 are finishing their technical training; the Microsoft contingent from batch #2 are starting their product training and I have batch #3 for communications training. Kind of weird to see them all in juxtaposition.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the trip back home as a break from the teaching schedule. Hopefully my voice will recover during that time-I'm sounding pretty hoarse these days. Any seasoned teachers out there have ideas for recovering that?

2 comments:

  1. Hot lemondade with honey will help soothe it, Lori. Been using it for my vocals for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, shut the !@#$%^ Up! HEHE

    ReplyDelete