02 April 2007

Last Day

I feel as if I should have some meaningful insights to write about my last day of work at the company that has kept me in India and caused me to start this blog, but I can't really come up with any. I mean, it was pretty typical... not typical of last days, mind you, but typical of any day at the company:

The communication team for the program I am now working with was supposed to take a couple of hours and go out to dinner to celebrate my last day of work. Actually, I was supposed to brief them on the new communication curriculum first, then we were supposed to head out to eat. We actually were able to book a training room (very surprising!); however, once inside, I found that the trainer computer had no sound card nor MS Office installed (sigh). While I ran around to try to get someone to fix that, the rest of the team scattered to work on updating the end-of-the-month data that was due. Also, one of the team managers came around to tell us that there was a meeting with the program manager in 5 mins that we needed to attend. Twenty minutes later, the same program manager called to let us know that he was going down for a smoke and would be "right there" (sigh). He also said that the meeting should only last 15 mins. One hour later, one of the other trainers had already gone home and the meeting with the program manager was still in progress.

I think maybe I should revise my post on missing IST. :) I did finally get to go out-with about half of the team; leaving at the time we were supposed to be returning; to a different place than we were planning (it was 12:30 AM-the other place had closed!) The good part was that those of us who did go out had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on successfully completing your time at the company... and still being able to speak (mostly) positively about the place.

    I know you've had a good time in India, but are looking forward to going home.

    Best of luck with everything... and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Bye kiddo.

    Best of luck.

    --Rags

    ReplyDelete