18 April 2005

I've Arrived!

So, I've arrived and I'm in training now...before lunch I was starting to doze a bit, but I'm hoping that lunch will help wake me up.

So, Chennai is...interesting. I think I like what I see so far. The company? Leaves a bit to be desired in setting arriving people up. When I first arrived, I got put in a company apartment that had been hastily vacated. Other than being messy, it was pretty nice. They said that it would be two days before I moved into the new apartment, so I was expecting it to be a week or so (good old IST!) :) But, the apartment was actually "ready" later that night. Apparantly there is quite a difference between my definition of ready and theirs. It looks like this new apartment hasn't been inhabited in quite some time. All over it's pretty dusty and smells pretty musty...but there's something in the kitchen that really reeks! Ew! Upon further investigation I discovered that I'm sharing the new apartment with at least a couple of cockroaches and they are huge! It scared the daylights out of me when I opened the drawer and one of them bounced back and forth so fast before I discovered what it was.

Luckily one of the guys that came to pick us up from the airport took me around a bit in the evening on his bike. (!!!!) We went out and sat on the beach and watched the Bay of Bengal. It was so relaxing!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an average NYC apartment! :--) Happy trails Lori - keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave, and I am so proud of you! New pets...hah!

    I'm sure you will make it homey very soon. you are in my prayers!

    juni

    ReplyDelete