24 April 2005

Weekend fun...

Had a lot of fun this weekend...hopefully this will make up for the criticism I had of being too negative about India... :)

We ended up not having class Friday because our instructor was in an autorickshaw accident. (He's ok, just a bit scratched up.) The group of American trainers went to have breakfast at the Taj Connemara (ooh...the Taj). Mmmm...eggs and pancakes! Then we all divided up and went shopping at Spencer Plaza, the local mall. It was a nice way to enjoy the day off.

Saturday, we went for lunch and then went shopping at fabIndia! My future roommate and I went a little crazy there...but I'm very glad that I will be more comfortable and cool (temp-wise) with my clothes. On the way back we stopped at the bar at the Taj Cormandel-Bikes & Barrel. Who knew there would be a biker bar in India? :) Later in the evening, we went out for dinner at Navaratna-the Indian restaurant at Le Royal Meridian. They were having a special Punjabi festival week there along with some live music. It was great-my friend knows people there, so we had quite the special treatment while we were there. Plus, he also knew the musicians and even sang along with them on the stage a bit. It was quite an enjoyable evening.


On Sunday, we met up with some friends of the roommate for a buffet lunch at Meridian. (Lunch in these two instances means the first meal after we wake up.) Then we went off to see the temples in Mahabalipuram for the afternoon. (I'm hoping I can figure out how to get pictures on here soon!) On the way back, we stopped at Taj Fisherman's Cove for some great seafood! Mmmm.

Wow...now that I'm looking at this, we had quite the upper class tour (or Taj tour!) this weekend! :) This is the India I'm more used to from my vacation here! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ah fabIndia. I remember that shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. go here for posting pictures, lori:

    http://www.hello.com

    sounds like it was a great weekend!
    june

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Have fun discovering Chennai a.k.a Madras! Been to the Crocodile Bank and the Fort St. George Museum?

    Btw, Bike and Barrel is at The Residency Towers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mekhala-

    Like I said, I'm still learning the city! :) I get confused easily! I haven't checked out those places yet, but they're on my list..

    ReplyDelete