24 May 2005

The Beach

Friday, after getting out of work (at 5 AM-well, I guess technically it was Saturday :) ) we ended up going to the beach with a bunch of our co-workers. We cancelled our cab, hopped on the back of their bikes, and took off for Marina beach. AAAH...what a way to relax and unwind after a long week at work. I may never leave India... :)

Marina Beach is, I believe, the longest beach in India. Normally, it is pretty packed, but at this time of the day, we were only sharing it with the fishermen and early morning walkers. It was such a beautiful sunrise! The waves were pretty rough, but Liz, Bharat & I rolled up our pants and waded in a bit. (Liz and I left Jay, Zameel & Asif holding our purses-good practice for when they go shopping with their future wives! :) ) Of course, by the time we were done, it was hardly worth rolling our pant legs up-our jeans were so wet! I was hoping that riding on the bike would dry us off, but the guys put us in an autorick to head home before that happened. They even stopped for tea AFTERWARDS-without us! :( But it was such a fun spur-of-the-minute trip!

1 comment:

  1. beaches are awesome. I love walking Durand beach here early in the morning when no one is there. I'm so glad you are experiencing so much great stuff!

    ReplyDelete