05 May 2005

Things I don't get about India #1

I figured I better number this topic because I have a feeling there may be more than one. :)

So at my apartment complex, the car parking is located underneath the building on what I would typically call the ground floor. However, when you walk up one flight of stairs, that floor is actually called the Ground Floor. You go up one more flight of stairs to where I live and that is the First Floor. OK, but the strange part comes when you use the lift (elevator), the parking area is "0", the Ground Floor level is "1" and the First Floor (my floor) is "2". To me, this makes no sense.

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean doesn't make sense??

    What's wrong with that numbering system. At my Uni ground floor is level 4. It's not just India that has dodgy numbering.

    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what to make of that. You'll find that things aren't usually finished. So a job will be half done or mostly done and left as good enough. Though, this could be the elevator came that way and nobody will bother to change it.

    TII.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds just like the US government to me...you should feel right at home! :)

    ReplyDelete