19 May 2005

Furnishings

In all the excitement of getting to work yesterday, I forgot to mention the fact that WE ACTUALLY HAVE DISHES!!!!! :) The company has been promising to provide them (it is a corporate apartment) but has been a little slow to actually do so. (This is India, This is India!) I must admit it has been a little rough ever since Liz moved in (almost two weeks ago now) because we had to share the one plate, three glasses, two forks, two spoons and no knives that I had managed to scrounge. So yesterday we got to go shopping and pick out dishes and other necessary kitchen implements. Yea! Now we can actually employ the cook that we've engaged. Mmm...home cooked food...I may never go back to cooking myself... :)

4 comments:

  1. it's definately becoming an up and down adventure, lori! I'm so glad you get to go shopping and get yourself some things to feel more at home. nothing like shopping at times can cheer one up better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amused. The idea of sharing the single plate makes me laugh.

    I question why you didn't go out and buy another plate and a couple of knives. They aren't that expensive.

    I hope you enjoy having more dishes.

    Sounds like your cook is good to. That's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave,

    Well, the company kept promising that they were bringing the stuff over "immediately" or "that afternoon"...so we never really got around to buying stuff...or maybe our time schedules of getting around to things is becomming more acclimated-TII

    ReplyDelete