14 October 2005

Rochester




So I've managed to drive (safely!) back to Pennsylvania after FREEZING through my trip to Rochester. True to form, the sun managed to stay hidden for pretty much my whole visit there, reminding me (again) why I was so willing to leave for the warm temperatures of Chennai. :)

I was in Rochester to participate in the wedding of my dear friends, Stephen and Malinda. The wedding was very nice-small and intimate-which I think they were going for. Malinda was so calm, none of the detail that didn't go exactly as planned ever seemed to phase her. That's the way I want to be when (if?) I ever get married-full of grace and assurance that no matter what happens, I know I'm marrying a man who will help me get though the times that things don't go exactly as planned.


*Mental notes from the wedding: 1.) Make sure that if you are having the reception at the church that congregation is larger than your guest list because you don't want to have to be out buying flatware at Wal-Mart the night before the wedding. :) 2.) If you care about the bridesmaid's dresses being all the same, make sure that they are all stitched by the same person. Apparently there can be many interpretations to the same pattern. :) 3.) Remember that kids in the wedding party will be cute, but also unpredictable. Even the eldest one might need their hoopskirt tied in the middle of the ceremony. :)














It was great to meet up with people in Rochester again. I met many people and missed many as well. [Sorry guys!] But, I knew that was going to happen. It was hard to see people, get a little bit caught up on the past six months and then have to say good-bye all over again. *sniffle, sniffle*

But, hopefully, the next six months will fly by as well. Liz & I have many trips planned for our remaining time in India, so we have plenty of stuff to look forward to when we get back. Tonight, I'm getting ready for my 10-year high school reunion. Whoa, does that make me feel old! :) I can't wait to see many of my friends who I've only been in touch with through email, but I'm worried about recognizing others there. All I know is I better win the prize for who traveled the furthest to get here (especially since my friends from Guam & Hawaii aren't coming!)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding (and learned some things from the experience as well - I'm sure that knowledge will come in handy at some point :-))... The pics look very nice. I hope you enjoy the reunion, too - you have my vote as far as winning that prize :-)
    Take care and have fun - I'll see you when we are both back in Chennai and we can share stories... As part of my driving experiences I got to use my jumper cables for the first time... but don't worry - I was just helping someone else :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just don't tell them that you didn't come home for the reunion. it just unfortunatly coincided with your trip.

    ReplyDelete