08 October 2005

Visiting...

I'm home now...for a quick visit to the US. I arrived here Sunday night, overnighted in NYC and flew to Pittsburgh to meet my parents early Monday morning. Compared to India, NYC (at least around the airport seemed so quiet!!!!) The flight over generally was pretty uneventful, though. After flying Air India for my vacation last December, I'm always amazed when the flights are running on time, but I've had no problems thus far on British Airways. :) I ended up taking Independence Air from JFK through Dulles to Pittsburgh. Man, are they cutting back-they give you NO food on the flight-not even peanuts! *sigh* It was really rough coming from an international flight where they feed you something like every two hours, it feels like. :)

Anyway, I did manage to upload pictures from August and September and post them to my blog. Enjoy!

After staying with my parents for a couple of days (and trying to get on somewhat of a normal sleeping schedule!) I headed to Rochester for my friends' (Stephen & Malinda) wedding. Yep, I'm a bridesmaid...and I'm not thinking about the saying that goes along with that... :) Rochester is COLD right now!!!!!! I miss Chennai...the heat...now I remember what I was so happy to get away from in April! :) But it has been good catching up with people that I've been missing. Unfortunately (in some ways), I'll only be here for about a week, then I'll head back to Pittsburgh for a few days, then back to India!

3 comments:

  1. how was the wedding? hope u got a lot pics from there.especially pics of you dressed as the bridesmaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also visiting family and friends in the US - but on the other side of the country and I am freezing here! I was at a friend's party and they had it set up to be mostly outside on the deck. I think the temperature was in the high-50s to mid-60s, but I was bundled up in long underwear, jeans, 2 wool sweaters, and a big winter jacket while others were walking around in t-shirts! :-) I hope I can adjust to this weather and then not hate the heat too much when I'm back in Chennai :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz-

    I'm freezing here too!!!! It was so cold & gloomy in Rochester! I don't want to adjust-I can't wait to get back to the heat in Chennai!
    See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete