19 October 2005

I'm back...

Well, I've made it through the mess of airports and have arrived safely back in Chennai. I have many comments to make about the flights, but those will have to wait until I'm in a funnier mood. :) I arrived here about 4:15 in the morning, although it was almost 6:00 before I could make it through customs and collect my baggage to meet my friend outside.

I woke up later in the afternoon and managed to drag myself into work to check email. (Welcome back! The cab was an hour late! :) Some things never change...) There's nothing like sitting in a car decorated with flowers, party decorations and a statue of a cow on the dashboard [The only thing missing is that it wasn't blinking with little lights!] that's hurtling down a dark street (that's more like an alleyway) filled with people, bikes, and other vehicles coming at you from all directions while your driver swerves to avoid the potholes and other road work to welcome you back to India. :) Wow! I've missed this! :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back... so i guess you are all set to plan for your hawaii trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your ride in the cab - sounds like the India I know and love! I'll be back in a week - can't wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lori? where are you?

    ReplyDelete