30 January 2006

Mocha

The Monday after Pongal was the day for final assessments for my mortgage batch. They were a really good batch overall and they all passed their final assessment. (For some reason, I seem to have better luck with my even numbered batches-and they were #6.) After class, they wanted to take me out to treat me, so we chose a new coffee shop that had just recently opened-Mocha. Mocha cafe is a chain here in India (I visited one when I was in Delhi), but the one in Chennai retains much of the feel of Java's or Spot Coffee in Rochester. It is located in an old house and one of the rooms-the bathroom-uses toilets as seats for one of the tables. They have also filled a bathtub with pillows for seating at another table. It's pretty cool! We usually end up sitting outside, though, so that we can smoke the hookah (yes, Pete, I've finally joined the club!) :) However, we didn't get one this time (I didn't want to shock the girls in my batch too badly!) It was the first time any one of my batches has planned an outing like this and it was really fun! They even got me flowers as well! Awww...!

10 comments:

  1. I just discovered Spot Coffee a couple of months ago. (I know. I'm a little out of it.) Anyway, now I'm a regular. It's almost an office away from office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're smoking what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous Please identify yourself
    It is really bad you are not identified you seem to be somebody really important

    Venkatesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I won't identify myself.

    Actually it's a group of us who log as anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM somebody really important. I am responsible for 53% of the famous quotes on the internet (and 21% of those off the internet). I composed 71,274 songs, most of them before 1800AD. I have written dozens of influential novels, and even a few non-fiction books. I have leaked information to the press bringing down hundreds of executives, dozens of corporations, and even a few government administrations. And I have single-handedly started and sustained millions of discussions and arguments on BBSes, newsgroups, mailing lists, forums, and blogs on every topic imaginable.

    -Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ,

    You sound like a man worth a billion bucks...Anyways I think Lori's blog sucks big time. She is constantly complaining. You sound intelligent (like most anonymous people :-))...what are you doing on this crappy blog ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually a big complainer in real life too, believe it or not. I just come across as intelligent on other people's blogs, though not on my own.

    I'm just trying to find out what kind of element Lori associates with, so I'm prepared should I decide to take a break from this fantastic music piece I am working on (it will probably come out with some bogus name attached to it, but I assure you it will be correctly attributed to me in about 200 years) to go visit her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian,

    I can't believe you just discovered Spot! I guess we didn't give you a proper tour when you first got to Rochester! :)


    *a hookah is flavored, very mild tobacco smoked through a water pipe


    Venkatesh,

    It's my blog, no need for you to get territorial over it.


    *Some random anonymous person is considering visiting me... Ummm, GREAT! :) Gotta love the world of blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cafe Mocha is the best.. I only went to the one in GK New Delhi once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I'm wondering what other Rochester hot spots have been off my radar.

    ReplyDelete