12 January 2006

Yes, Pete, the mistletoe is broken! :)

Liz and I took the Christmas decorations down this weekend. The cats are sad now that they don't have anything to climb on... :) It was actually a rather sad experience for me at least. When we bought all of these decorations, I remember thinking that we would be able to use them again next Christmas. We were in the mindset that we liked being here so much, we would be able put up with the company for another year. We had all of these plans of what we would buy for the next year and what we would change in the next year. However, as we packed up the Christmas decorations, it seems that this is not going to be the case. I don't think I can live with the proposed changes in the contracts, so I'm setting my expectations that I will have to leave here in March. It was rather subdued as we divided up what we each wanted to take back and talking about who we could pass the remainder onto instead of packing it up for next Christmas. I don't want to leave...but I don't think I can live with these conditions...

6 comments:

  1. Lori, I am so with you on that - I don't wanna leave India, but this F*&!#ing company just doesn't get it... but if the mistletoe had worked, it might be harder to make the right decision, and sometimes taking multiple things into consideration just isn't good in this sort of job...
    We just need to make sure we have a blast before the end! :-)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori,

    Sorry it doesn't seem to have worked out for you to stay in India longer. But the Lord has good plans for you wherever you end up. Just keep seeking Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. I will be keeping you in prayer, Lori, and hope that God leads you in an even more exciting and rewarding path!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are you ever going to respond to that email from a month ago???
    - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am sorry, the mistletoe is broken. Well,what else can i say. U just can't wait for things to happen by itself, instead u need to make it happen. Thats the way it is, in India, people go for it and i think thats the way it has to be anywhere else too.But then u have failed to.

    For now, just keep hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Oh lord, is there nothing more anybody can do
    Oh lord, there must be something you can say

    You can tell from the lines on her face
    You can see that she's been there
    Probably been moved on from every place
    'Cos she didn't fit in there

    Oh think twice, its another day for you and me in paradise... " - Phil Collins "Another day in Paradise"

    ReplyDelete