20 March 2007

15. Getting preferential treatment because you're a foreigner


I have to admit that this has both its upside and downside...but for this list I'm focusing on the good parts...for example, when I went to pay my electricity bill. Normally, they calculate the amount due and the maintenance people in my apartment bring the card to me; however, due to a problem over a previous payment, I had to go to the office to get the calculation and make the payment. Normally, you stand in line, get the amount, step out of line, get the payment ready, and then get back in line to make the payment. (Efficient, huh?) But, because I was a foreigner, they let me write the check and make the payment in the first line. (It was great-the people behind me in line were even complaining about it!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment