12 July 2005

The Search for a Bangle Box...

Poor Raghu. Little did he know what he was getting into when he agreed to take me shopping for a bangle box... :)

Liz and I have been talking about needing bangle boxes to store all of our bangles for quite some time now. Basically, they are jewelry boxes with removable bars, so that you can slide your bangles on them. Unfortunately for some people, this weekend, Liz headed off to do some other necessary shopping with another friend, so I convinced Raghu to take me to look for the bangle boxes. On the advice of a friend of his, we started off at Odyssey. They had leather-covered travel ones, with only one bar (not big enough) and carved wooden ones with two half bars (ditto). Neither was satisfactory or to my liking. We tried several more stores with only variations on the same. I was getting more and more frustrated (as those of you who have been shopping with me can imagine) and despairing that I would ever find what I was looking for. Then Raghu suggested looking at Pondy Bazaar. Initially I was very reluctant to go because it is always SO crowded on the weekends, but he ASSURED me that I would find something different there. And he was right!!!! In the first shop we tried, there was a velvet covered box with three bars that I liked much better than anything else I had seen. We tried a few more shops and found one that had a couple of different varieties and I picked out a similar, red velvet covered one with gold stripes (that Raghu described as too jazzy!) :) But I liked it fine. Yay! I'm so happy I have my bangle box-and I can now describe to Liz (and anyone else) exactly what types are available and where to find each type.

I'm so sorry for doubting you Raghu! :)


5 comments:

  1. Lori you know that God's can be crazy sometimes, but they are never wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to having someone take me to get one for myself... but I might need a little bit bigger one for all my bangles :-) Last time I went bangle shopping I realized what an addiction I have for them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are those all your bangles in there?!? holy crap! nice box though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice- I might need to get one when we come visit.

    ReplyDelete