14 March 2006

Narnia

So who has seen The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe? I finally saw this movie in the theaters here (Mayajaal on ECR for those of you that know-my first time there!) As a kid growing up, I loved these books! I probably read them more than 50 times. I have also seen the 1989 BBC production, but I remember being not very impressed with it. I really enjoyed this version, however. It seemed to better match the images in my mind that I envisioned while reading it...although I thought one of the girls was supposed to be blond?

4 comments:

  1. i didn't see the movie yet. i just read the books this summer. the first 3 were really good. i thought after that they went down hill. probably because it's hard to keep it fresh. just seemed to be the same thing over and over. also, i liked the BBC versions. though i hadn't read the books yet when i saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Lion, the Witch and what???" Is that a movie? Remember, I'm the guy that just discovered Spot Coffee. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the movie, and so did my son. Tilda Swinton is a remarkable actress and I am now looking into seeing all of her movies. She also plays the angel Gabriel in "Constantine".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that a company here in India actually did a lot of the animation for Narnia? They don't like to call it outsourcing tho, it's 24-hour production. Whatever. :)

    Pete-in some ways I agree with you, but I did like books 6 & 7. I think book 3 is the best, though, and all the rest pale in comparison.

    Brian-you never cease to amaze me!!! :) Go take your kids to see it!!!!

    ReplyDelete