11 March 2006

Back by popular demand!

Ok. I can hardly believe that it has been a whole month since I've posted anything here! Not that I haven't had anything to say, mind you, I have many posts swirling around my head, just circumstances have prevented me from having the time to sit down and post. (Well, that and the fact that they have now blocked access to blogger.com from my office-though I can still read my blog itself. Does this make sense to anyone else???)

I'm sure, though, those of you reading from home are hoping that this post will answer THE question in everyone's minds, the one that few people have dared to ask. Namely, "When are you coming home?" Well, I'm setting expectations early in the post that you will be disappointed. Because the only answer I can give right now is, "I don't know", which, I know, is not much different than where I was when I posted last.

Since that time, I have interviewed a few places, but it looks like none of them are working out. It seems that no one is willing to pay for an American. (How can it be that my horrible company pays the best? It's almost too fantastic to comprehend.) Am I too demanding? I hardly think so when these companies have centers in the US where they would know exactly how cheaply they are getting me for, especially for relocating to another country. I am now trying to get my mind to accept the fact that I will probably be coming back to the US to stay.

Anyway, I have many more cheerful things to write about in forthcoming posts (such as the visit from my friends Stephen & Malinda and the nosy security guard and the Hindi movie that I saw) but I wanted to get something posted so that people would quit hounding me about it. :) :) :)

4 comments:

  1. That wasn't the answer to THE question on my mind.

    -the real anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you posting again - I look forward to hearing those other stories you mentioned!
    Take care of yourself and keep your eyes open for any last minute opportunities that may keep you over there - and that may be so good I'd have to come back and join you again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably you would get paid an american salary if you applied through the US office of one of the companies. you have to talk to a recruiter here and make them hire you from here. then maybe you could make enough to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see your post. It's been quite sometime. Was wondering what you were upto.
    Ooh.. I wanna hear about the nosy security guard :-)

    ReplyDelete