30 June 2005

I've Got Mail!

Ok I've been here, what 2 1/2 months so far, and just yesterday I figured out where the mailboxes for the apartment are. :) Now this is not exactly my fault-when I first arrived here someone that helped set me up in my apartment told me that they would bring the mail inside and either slip it under the door or leave it stuck in the gate. In my jet-lagged state, this seemed reasonable to me so I just accepted it. (I must admit, I wondered what the small, unmarked key on the key ring they handed me was, but I assumed that I would figure that out in time.) :) And, to confirm this statement, several envelopes (usually bills) were slipped under the door at various times. But, then I heard that people from the US had sent me mail that had never appeared under my door. I was a little worried, but I still never even thought of asking about the mailboxes! :) But, yesterday I decided to do something about it. I had our friend, who often acts as our translator, ask the security guards about it and, lo and behold, there ARE mailboxes for the apartment complex...and, the small, unmarked key DOES open the one for our apartment. :) :) :) Geez, sometimes I wonder if I really am cut out for this cross-cultural experience!

Anyway, thanks to those that have sent me mail so far-it makes me feel so loved! :)

4 comments:

  1. Lori , why are you deleting my comments. I thought you were taking my comments in a positive manner. Jeez !!!! You seem to get offended, hurt....am sorry to see you hurt.I AM...POOR GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it's a duplicate post... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,

    Its good that you're getting all ur mails now ... Better late than never ... Staying in apartment with all the facilities like security, Gym, Swimming pool and what not its common sense to look for some thing called a mail box :))... I don't blame you for that tho ... You got some bills and other important mails at your door step :)) ... So if the postman or the security thinks that the mails are important it will land up at ur door step ... So let them know that all your mails are important and it will land up at your door step ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lORI HAS MAIL BUT SHE LOVES TO DELETE HER MAIL'S. KEEP DELETING WHILE I KEEP MAILING YOU. TATA !!

    ReplyDelete