14 June 2005

Lori Rants!

I have been inspired by my friend Jay's blog (Sorry, Jay-had to do it!) to also write about my thoughts and feelings and not just anecdotal stories about life here-though I'm not sure if it will actually be ranting. It's probably better that I don't have regular access to a computer on the weekends-that's when I tend to get more philosophical. It's also when I tend to miss home the most, which I find a little strange. I guess it's because during the week a good chunk of time is taken up by work and I don't have time to think about the people and activities I'm missing back home. But the weekends, even when I'm out doing stuff with people here, I'm wishing that I could share my experiences with people back home. The weekends generally have been a little tough in that way.

This past Sunday, the pastor at Vineyard was talking about knowing your purpose. It was good to be reminded that I do have a purpose...and somehow being here in India is part of that...I still wish I knew exactly how it all fits in. I guess the same questions that were running through my head back in the States are plaguing me here: what is my purpose? why am I here (specifically here in India, not the general why am I here on earth?) how does this all fit together?

Hmmm...who knew that I could actually share my feelings online...that's so unlike me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,

    Welcome to the club of venting out online!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the point of blogs??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,

    What Vineyard are you attending there?

    ReplyDelete