01 June 2005

The Life of Luxury...well at least a taste of it!

Liz and I treated ourselves to pedicures and manicures at our local beauty parlor this week. Actually "treated" is a bit of a misnomer. Each procedure cost us 100 rupies (roughly $2.50 USD) quite a difference from the $30 or so it would cost me back home. :) This is actually our second trip, but the salon we went to last time was close to the guest house where she was originally staying. We decided that it was a must to find one close to our apartment, so we visited the Lovely Beauty Parlor. :) (What a name!) I have decided that I love getting pedicures! The manicures are nice, but there's just something relaxing about soaking your feet, then having someone massage and scrub them for you. :) And after wearing sandals and walking around quite a bit, it feels so nice!!!! I highly recommend them! In fact, I think I could get used to getting one regularly. Who knew coming to India would change me into a high maintenance girl!?!? :)

3 comments:

  1. You were always a high maintenance girl. Just that next to Pam, and her orange juice, it's hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not going to know what to do when you get back to the States. Enjoy the cheap beauty care while you can :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! I envy me some of that! I wish I could afford monthly facials, that would make me sooo happy!

    ReplyDelete